Injectable Dermal Fillers
INJECTABLE DERMAL FILLERS BY SHAHIN FAZILAT, MD ARE FDA-APPROVED TO REMOVE WRINKLES
Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Restylane® /Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injection can all take years off your face without complicated surgeries or weeks of recovery. In his role as a leading-edge provider of medical and cosmetic procedures, Dr. Fazilat has vast experience improving the appearance of the skin. That’s why he offers the latest injectable dermal fillers to reduce dynamic wrinkles and fill or smooth out your folds and indentations.
- Juvedérm® is a dermal filler that adds volume where needed to soften your facial cheeks, creases from your nose to the corners of your mouth, and lines running from your mouth to your jaw line. The results of Juvedérm® are immediate and can last from 6 to 9 months.
- Juvederm Volbella® XC is a unique filler because of its’ VYCROSS™ technology, an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid (HA). HA is a naturally occurring, hydrating substance found in your skin. As you age, you start to lose HA, which causes the skin to lose structure and volume. Volbella provides fullness to the lips, and is long lasting.
Photo courtesy of Allergan
- Radiesse™ is a synthetic injectable filler that reduces wrinkles, creases, and scars by augmenting your body’s natural collagen supply. Composed of microspheres in a biocompatible gel, Radiesse™ is made from the same minerals found in our bones, so it carries little risk of allergic reaction. It can be used on many areas of the body, including the lips, nasolabial folds, peri-oral lines, depressed scars and oral commissures. Treatments with Radiesse™ can last 12 to 14 months.
- Restylane® and Restylane Lyft® are FDA-approved injectable dermal fillers designed to smooth wrinkles, sculpt lips, and shape facial contours. Restylane® and Restylane Lyft® are both clear, synthetic and biodegradable gels made with hyaluronic acid (a natural substance that is found throughout your body). They carry little risk of allergic reaction because they’re based on a non-animal naturally occurring substance. The most common areas for treatment are the glabellas (lines between the eyebrows) and the nasolabial folds (from the root of the nose to the angle of your mouth). Restylane Lyft® is a more concentrated version of Restylane®, but both have the unique ability to bind with water, so they can remain in your skin for 6 to 12 months.
- Fat Injection or lipo (fat) transplantation is a procedure in which fat is removed from a patient’s buttocks, abdomen, or thighs and is reinjected into a face. About 50% of the fat injection that is transferred “takes” to form a permanent graft in a body. Fat injection can last up to 2-3 years. Fat injection can be done in the office on a nasal labia folds, for the lines below the mouth, and on a cheeks.
During your Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Restylane® / Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injection consultation with Dr. Fazilat, he will discuss the options and alternatives in great detail, providing you with all the information you need to make an informed decision about this non-surgical procedure. Download this Pre Treatment Skin Care Instructions PDF.
Prior to your injectable dermal fillers cosmetic treatment, Dr. Fazilat will discuss a number of important decisions to make when planning any of these non-surgical procedures. He will personally walk you through your options and share recommendations based on the latest research, advances in the field, and what’s best for your particular case,including its use in:
- Corners of your mouth
- Glabella, which is the area between your eyebrows
- Jawline to make a square face more angular
- Nose to remove bunny lines on your nose
- Perioral to remove vertical lip wrinkles around your mouth
Dr. Fazilat will also design an individualized plan for you and will customize the dosage based on the size of the specific muscle and your final desired effect. He is also able to use Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Latisse™, Restylane® / Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injections to give you a more balanced, less wrinkled appearance.
About The Procedure
Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Restylane® / Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injection procedures are performed in-office by Dr. Fazilat using ice packs and / or topical anesthetic agents to numb the area; treatment times are typically 15 to 30 minutes. See above for the length of time each cosmetic procedure may last.
Some of Dr. Fazilat’s patients also combine their injectable dermal filler procedures with other cosmetic or plastic surgery procedures, such as BOTOX®/Dysport, chemical peels, laser hair removal, sclerotherapy and laser vein treatment, and skin care. NOTE: If patients are having a facelift / neck lift, browlift / forehead lift, eyelid surgery, or nose job cosmetic procedure in the Operating Room, they can choose to add a BOTOX®/Dysport injection or an injectable dermal filler.
After Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Restylane® / Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injection procedures, patients can resume normal daily activities. Dr. Fazilat recommends that you avoid strenuous activities the evening after the injection(s), but you will have no additional restrictions after that. Bruising is not uncommon, but most will disappear in a few days and can easily be covered with makeup. This redness will dissipate by the next morning.
Dr. Fazilat will schedule a follow-up post-recovery office visit to discuss your progress.
To learn more about Juvederm™, Radiesse™, Restylane® / Restylane Lyft® and Fat Injections, please call us today at 650-964-2200 or complete this form to schedule an initial consultation.